Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A VERY Whiny Blog

When... are... these... boys... going... to... go... back... to... school?
To anyone who says that tonsil surgery is no big deal, I stick my tongue out at you (as well as throw up a few choice gestures). Here we are, nine days post-surgery, and I still have a couple of sick, worn-out little guys, who are ready for their lives to return to normal (as am I).
If I could just get them to eat consistently, I'd be happy. I think Gabe must've lived on fudgesicles for several days straight, but once they started proving to me that they could eat regular food, I started cracking the whip, and now they are incredibly upset to lose their ice cream diet (hey, I would be, too). One minute they're up, the next minute they're down, and if they could just give me one "solid" day, I'd be more than happy to let them go back to school, just so we could all return to some sort of normalcy.
Oh, and I'll be seriously happy to get away from the boys' dragon-breath. It's really beyond words, in terms of "awful". The doctors warned us about this, because they cartarize the wounds, but they really didn't give us enough warning. It's like a combination of really bad farts and burnt flesh. Sound appetizing? Mmmmmmm. Try being cooped up in the car with them, unable to roll the windows down? I'm not exaggerating-- even a very short car-ride is enough to make you want to choke, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It's "all part of the healing process".
The combination of the time-change, Spring Break, surgery, weird diet, and completely whacky routine this weekend have all basically turned the kids into little monsters that need to be reprogrammed. Like, do they have a "restart" button? If so, where is it? LOL. I keep trying to tell myself that, by this time next week, things should be at least close to normal.
Of course it doesn't help that Quincy decides to get into things during her nap-- things that she has no business playing with. Today, it was a bottle of sunscreen. Fun. A few days ago, it was blue toothpaste. Like I needed one more mess to clean up, especially since I have a realtor bringing people to see the house later this week. Thanks, Quincy, for giving me another time-consuming thing to do, as I scramble to get the house ready to show! You are an angel!
Kooka also thinks this is a great time to pee a little extra in the house, creating more laundry and mopping than I already have to do. I also have a bone to pick with Mother Nature, for dumping a bunch of snow on us, and then immediately melting it, to create a yard that is full of overgrown weeds, but yet, is too soggy to mow. I hope my potential buyers don't mind the fact that the yard is a jungle, because I seriously doubt it will be dry enough to mow it anytime soon.
With Spring weeds, comes Spring weather, which is awesome, but it would be more awesome if I actually had time to ride my bike or run, or something this week. So yes, I'm bitter about the weather, too-- because I can be. LOL.
Yes, I'm whiny. This is a whiny blog. Whine, whine, whine. I'm entitled. My kids do it 837 times a day, so I'm entitled to at least one blog. So there.

2 comments:

Heather said...

whine all you want. Sounds like you deserve it!

Manders said...

holy crap lady if I'd known you needed out of the house that bad I woud have skipped class on Monday!