Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mommy's Little Summer "Vacation"

While the boys' last day of school is this Friday, I am officially starting my summer vacation today. After what has been a very busy Spring, with work, I finally have all of my photography jobs wrapped-up. I still have orders to process, but I have all of my on-site and editing work completed-- that is, until the next job hits my calendar. For now, however, I'm free and clear to focus on things other than work.

Not that I'm not grateful for the jobs-- I am, but I'd just rather they didn't come in huge waves all the time. This past week alone, I had two huge jobs to finish up in a much shorter period of time than I usually allow myself. So, to not have that hanging over my head is quite a relief, and although I appreciate the extra income, I am looking forward to a little break.

I know you're thinking, "What break? Aren't your kids going to be home full time after this week?" Yes, they are, but I am actually looking foward to it. The time I spend each week, driving them to and from school, getting them ready for school, helping with homework, and ironing their clothes, will get to be spent on much more enjoyable things, and I am SO looking foward to it! Not only will I get to spend more time with the kids, but I'll finally get to start getting caught-up on all those "projects" I've been meaning to do around the house! Yippee!

So, between a lull at work, and the kids' summer vacation, I'm getting my own "vacation". Maybe this means I'll have more time to blog. Hmmm.... that's an idea!

0 comments: