Sunday, June 7, 2009

Me Likey The Red Box

Okay, that is a complete understatement-- me LOVE the Red Box!


For those of you who don't know, Red Box is the best, fastest, most awesome way to rent movies ever in the history of the universe (shout out to Mr. Biv, who turned me onto this!) Here's why I love this service:


1) It's cheap! It's just $1.00 (+tax) per night to rent a movie. Most of their inventory is new releases, which is awesome. It doesn't matter if you rent your movie at 7:00 in the morning, or 7:00 at night, it's always due by 9:00 p.m. the next day. Let's compare that to good ol' Blockbuster, where it costs 4-5 times that much to rent a single movie (boo!)


2) It's fast. Let's face it-- I have three little kids, and it's an absolute nightmare to drag them into Blockbuster, while I peruse the new releases, and actually try to read plot summaries in order to make my selection (the scenario I just described is an actual impossibility in my world). They turn into maniacs when they see all the kids' movies, and the butt-loads of candy while I am desperately trying to wait in line with them without having to just ditch my movie and leave. So, imagine my outright glee when I realized that I could simply pull my car up to the curb next to the Red Box, while the kids waited inside! Best of all, the whole process takes less time than filling up a tank of gas.


3) It's super-convenient. There is a website, where I can simply type in my zip code to view the Red Boxes near my house, and where I can view the titles that are available at each location! No more standing there, trying to decide which movie I want-- I can do it at my desk. Plus, if I see something I want, I can reserve it for a few hours, to make sure it's there when I get there!


4) No strings attached. There are no memberships, or weird rules. It's super easy. The first time I rented from a Red Box, it asked for my name and e-mail address. Then, I picked my movie from the touch screen, swiped my credit card, and out popped my movie! Now, since I've rented there before, all I have to do is choose my movie, swipe my card, and it automatically knows who I am. I also don't have to stand around, waiting for it to print a receipt, because it sends one directly to my e-mail box.


5) Tons of locations. While there are several Red Boxes within 5 miles of my house, I usually hit one that is literally a whopping mile from my house outside of a Walgreens, so the entire roundtrip journey takes all of ten minutes, maybe. You can't beat that. At this rate, Blockbuster may never see my bright, shining face again!


For more info, go to http://www.redbox.com/! I highly recommend it! (Oh, and for the record, it's not 8,000 locations anymore-- it's 15,000!)


1 comments:

Heather said...

don't forget to sign up on their website so you can get codes texted to you for free rentals!