Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why?

This is a little segment I like to call "Why?" I'll probably be doing blogs like these from time to time, because I never fail to come across things that make me scratch my head (which, of course, I feel the need to share with all of you).

Why? #1: All Camo, All The Time
There I was, a couple of weeks ago, minding my own business, running my errands, when I encounter an entirely mossy-oak camo Chevy Suburban in the parking lot. What is truly sad about that last sentence is that I actually know what type of camo these people used to cover their truck (sigh). They left no surface of this vehicle un-camo. The side mirrors? Camo. Chevy emblem? Camo. Door handles? Camo. "Why?", I ask you-- "Why?"


Why? #2: The Creepy Pirate Chimp
Okay, no offense to my brother, but I really believe he is the only person alive who would actually want this ugly thing as a lawn ornament. What I find sort of ironic about this tacky statue, is the fact that human pirates are often seen with crazy little monkeys on their shoulders, as an alternative to parrots. Interesting. Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that having this thing in my garden give me nightmares.

Why? #3: The X-Rated Bubble Wands
Now, you sit there and tell me, with a straight face, that these do not look like something you'd find in an adult gift shop. Nope, these are actually bubble wands, for children. I ran across these while I was in St. Louis for the kids' Spring Break. You, too, can have one of your very own if you visit your local Dollar Tree. I got a real good laugh when I read the "red hot summer toys" label. So wrong.



















Why? #4: The "Chips" Boys Hanging Anywhere In An Actual Home
Awhile back, I actually saw another one with just Ponch, which said something about "Ponch's Love Meter" (I am not joking). No wonder these things were on clearance! Why would anyone hang this metal sign in their place of residence? "Always wear protection...", good grief.

So, that's what I have for this edition of "Why?". I'm sure there will be much more to come-- I'm always taking pictures of random, puzzling crap.





2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the "why" segment. Thanks for the laugh. Particularly fond of the bubble wands.

BTW, I DID remember your birthday, but forgot to call until too late. I suck. I'm sorry. Things are hectic here. I'll catch up later.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Ponch and Jon? I guess you were not a CHiPs fan. Great family show and two good role models, what's not to like? These signs are made with many different celebrities, cartoons, etc.